Friday, May 29, 2009

What's old is new!

Lately I've been so inspired by this blog, among others, so I've started to think about how I can refashion some of my own clothes into new pieces.

I have two pairs of capri pants that I got super cheap at Old Navy a couple years ago, but I've never loved them because their length just wasn't flattering on me. So I decided to try making one of them into a skirt.

This is the "before" picture:
(I should've been wearing them so you could really see how they looked on me)

And these are "after":

I'm totally pleased with it and it was actually quite simple. I had ripped open the center seam back in April, then last night I felt inspired to work on it again so I spent maybe an hour and a half and got everything done but the hem. This morning I finished it and I've been wearing it ever since. I got a brand new, free skirt just by shopping my closet and using a little creativity. Love it!


1 comment:

Brenda and Dan said...

Super cute....you will have to show me how you did that!