Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

My sweet baby was so excited for Mother's Day that she woke up an hour earlier than usual! She (and daddy) made me a great card and let me know that a necklace with Clara's birthstone is coming in the mail.
After church we went to my parents' house to spend the day with my mom and grandmas. We ate great food and helped with some yardwork. It was pretty chilly out, but Clara did get to enjoy a little bit of fresh air. And while she was out Jeremy got some great pictures of her in the Dora chair...




Jeremy and I had an early miscarriage in our first year of marriage, so I didn't necessarily consider yesterday to be my first Mother's Day, but it was definitely my first Mother's Day with a baby in my arms. I enjoyed it very much and I am so thankful for the gift that Clara is to us!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't have a bread machine...too bad!! I should just be brave and try the recipe I have! Anyway, our house is about 6 blocks from the light rail just off of Lake. Nathaniel works downtown so it was a good move for us. We started attending downtown May 3rd. Its so different from south!! I get really distracted...probably will until I get settled. Are you still in Richfield?

Jess said...

Those are some sweet photos of Clara! Jeremy told me to check them out, and I was not disappointed. I was surprised, however, that my sister-in-law had already commented, since I didn't even know you were friends!