Friday, May 15, 2009

It IS easy being green!

Yesterday I whipped up a batch of wedding/anniversary/shower cards and the best part is they all have at least one "recycled" element to them. I feel so earth-friendly!

After our wedding I had cut up some of our cards to re-use them. So some of these have pieces of those cards on them, and some have magazine clippings on them, and the light blue ones are actually personalized stationary that a dear friend had given me several years ago with my maiden name on them. I covered up my name and now they're good to go. I have successfully replenished my stash of love cards.

Clara is in bed now so I thought I would tackle the dreaded manly birthday cards tonight. I pulled out several papers that looked man-friendly to me, but I still feel at a loss for inspiration. As I see it, my choices now are 1) go to the craft store in search of inspiration 2) trudge through and try to get in the groove with the supplies I have 3) work on a sewing project instead or 4) give up on crafting all together for tonight. I'm not sure yet which option will win.

No comments: