Monday, October 27, 2008

Update from Cristina

Baby Hermann is still in the nursery being monitored for a bit.  She's had an excessive amount of mucus making her all congested and giving us some scares so they are watching her and cleaning her lungs out right now.  So Jeremy and I were just sitting here looking at his last post and trying to decide what her name is and I thought I'd add a little note to the blog.  

I'm still a bit groggy and very tired, but other than that I'm great.  I told Jeremy I can't quite believe that the baby is out already.  I expected it to be an all day event today so I feel like there must be more pain to come, but it's true...she's out and she's so cute!

The doctor that I've seen throughout the whole pregnancy was able to be with us for the delivery, as well as two amazing nurses that were just perfectly suited to us.  Jeremy did a fantastic job as well.

We learned what the cause of baby's extra mucus was. The nurses were having trouble passing a tube through her mouth into her stomach, so they took an x-ray which showed that there is a small section of her esophagus missing, which means that her throat isn't connected to her stomach right now. She'll be transferred to a special neo-natal surgery unit tomorrow at Riverside Hospital. They feel like it will be fairly routine and should go well. 

We'd welcome your prayers, for peace and trust that the Lord would bring her through safely. We'll keep you posted on the progress. I may not have thought to include everything, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to write. 

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I will be praying that all goes well.

PS-Oops! Sorry CRISTINA! I have been spelling your name wrong the whole time! My bad!

Our family... said...

Congratulations, Cristina! I'm so happy that you have your little one now!
We will pray that everything goes well.
Blessings!
Love,
Lorina

Anie said...

let me know if you need ANYTHING!

you know where to find me :)