Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Busy girl

Yesterday I pretty much had zero motivation to do anything even remotely productive, but today I have been one busy girl. Here's what I've done so far...
  • tidied up our apartment
  • gathered baby clothes, towels and blankets to wash
  • stopped at a nearby thrift store to look for baby clothes (I bought a sleeper and a pair of pants for $.99!)
  • went to Walmart to return something
  • went to Cub to pick up a few groceries that were on a good sale this week
  • went back home to have lunch and do some reading about labor and delivery
  • went to church for coffee break (the department I worked in has coffee break every Wednesday afternoon)
  • went for a short walk with my honey
  • stopped at Rainbow on the way home for a few more groceries that were on a good sale
  • hauled two loads of laundry to the basement and put them in the wash because my poor honey was completely out of clean undershirts and socks!
  • climbed the two flights of stairs back to our apartment (yes, that's considered an accomplishment when you're 38 weeks pregnant!)
  • made a doctor appt for my honey
  • went back downstairs to put the laundry in the dryer
  • climbed two flights of stairs again
  • went through today's mail and the pile of mail that I've neglected the past few days

My plans for the rest of the evening? Well, I'm still feeling pretty good so here's my agenda. We'll see how much is actually accomplished.

  • retrieve the two loads of laundry from the basement, haul them up two flights of stairs, and fold them
  • make dinner - grilled BBQ chicken, roasted potatos, steamed veggies
  • go out to the car with Jeremy and figure out how to strap the carseat into the car
  • direct Jeremy in hanging decorations in the baby's room

Days like this have been few and far between during this pregnancy, but when they do happen I'm very thankful. I feel more like my old self when I can actually accomplish some helpful things around our home. Hopefully I'm not completely pooped tomorrow as a result of my busy day today!

2 comments:

The West Family said...

Sounds like you are nesting my dear... Good job on all that work! Any luck and you'll go into labor tomorrow!

Love, Big Sis

Brenda and Dan said...

Sounds like the "energy surge" you get before labor :)

Dad thinks it sounds like "nesting" also.

We'll be waiting for the call :)

Love you....Mom