Monday, October 27, 2008

And her name is...

Well this day hasn't exactly gone as expected so several hours passed before Jeremy and I were able to be alone together with our baby to settle on a name.  

But it did finally happen and we're happy to report that she no longer needs to be called "baby" or "baby girl Hermann" or "baby Hermann."

Her name is Clara Josephine Hermann.  Clara was my great-grandmother and Josephine was Jeremy's great-grandmother.  We had this in mind as an option, along with a couple other names, but after meeting her today and spending a little bit of time with her we both happily agreed that her name is Clara Josephine.

So there you have it...the suspense is finally over.  :)

8 comments:

Our family... said...

Beautiful name!
Don't you think coming up with a name is a huge task?! I felt tons of responsibility...
Great job! :)
Love,
Lorina

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

clara hermann! how precious. =) still praying in japan!

Ali said...

A beautiful name. She will be in my prayers!

The Glocks said...

what a beautiful little girl! praying in dubuque! these little lives are so precious! kati glock

ashleytiberi said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad the birth went so well and so quickly! I was praying for you throughout the day, and I couldn't wait to check lat last night to see if she had been born and what her name was!

I love the name you chose - Clara Josephine is beautiful.

I hope you fully recover quickly and continue to bond with your new little Clara! (Jeremy, too!)

Love, love, love -
Ashley

Naomi said...

Clara is a great name. I love that you have named her after family!

I will be praying all goes well with the surgery.

Robin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Praising God with you :o)

Caryn said...

BEAUTIFUL!

The Turners are praying!