Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Give Thanks to the Lord for He is Good!

As [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him."

-John 9:1-3

The works of God have been displayed indeed! We just received the report from the surgeon that the complete tracheoesophageal disconnect has been repaired and Clara made it through with flying colors! The Lord has done great things indeed and there is much reason for praise! Please take a moment today and rejoice with us, for the Lord is glorified by our praise!

The recovery time depends on each case, but they're expecting to keep Clara in the NICU for about 1.5 weeks. During that time she'll be transitioned from IV to an oral feeding tube for her primary nutrition to test out her esophagus. Near the end of her time Cristina and I will stay with her at the hospital to do the regular new parent things that we missed because of the surgery. 

If you're interested in seeing some more technical information on the procedure, you can visit this website. Clara had Type A shown. Thank you again for your prayers and support, we look forward to keeping you informed on her progress!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so thankful that all is well with Clara! I have been thinking about her all morning. All the best,
Jenny

The Glocks said...

praise the Lord! i will continue to keep you all in prayer!

Ana Heeren said...

Cristina, I am so happy for you! I was able to catch up on so much through your blog, and you have a BEAUTIFUL Clara! I love the name, and am so glad the surgery went well. I would love to get together at some point and meet her. It has been so long since i have seen you. Congrats, and my prayers will be flowing for your family!

Marissa said...

God is soooo Good. My church is praying for Clara to heal quickly, and also for you two! Isn't it great to be in the Family of Believers!?!?!? Soo many prayers for your daughter.

XOXO!
Marissa

Tina said...

Giving thanks to the Lord!

Caryn said...

Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow! Rejoicing with you!

ashleytiberi said...

I'm so, so happy to read this report! I was praying for Clara this morning, and the doctors, and for you. I hope your sweet girl continues on the up and up of recovery, and that you'll get to spend plenty of time bonding with her in the coming days.

Love to you!
Ashley

Ali said...

I am so glad to hear everything went well. Praise God!

Lorie Crandall said...

Hey... Just heard that you had your baby!! What a beautiful baby! I'll pray for a speedy recovery with your little one!

Mary Van Zee said...

I am so blessed to hear your humble and thankful response to this trial. I praise the name of our Lord for He has done great things in a successful surgery for Clara. What a precious little girl she is and she has the blessing of being raised in a God centered and Christ exalting home. May God receive all the Glory and may you receive great Joy.
love, mary