Monday, March 2, 2009

Ode to a kitchen gadget

Instant meat thermometer,

I love you!! You make my life so much easier. No more opening the oven repeatedly to see if the meat is done. No more taking the meat out of the oven and then asking Jeremy if it's done because I just don't trust my judgment when it comes to meat. No more cutting our poor meat in half to see if it looks like it's done, then putting it back in the oven "just to be safe," then of course cutting it in half again to see if it's done. No more asking Jeremy repeatedly as we eat, "Are you sure this is cooked enough?"

Now I simply put the probe in the meat, set the desired temperature, and go about my other business until the alarm sounds, telling me, "Fret not. Your meat is cooked to a safe internal temperature!"

What did I ever do without you? I love you.


1 comment:

Brenda and Dan said...

That's funny....I should get one....I love things that make life easier :)