Thursday, March 5, 2009

Double Coupon Day at Rainbow!!

Why have I never taken advantage of this before??? I must just be foolish. Every Wednesday is "double coupon day" at Rainbow Foods. Here's how it works...

Your total grocery bill must be at least $25 after sales and store coupons. Then they will double up to five coupons. The coupons can only be for $1 or less, but if you have five $1 coupons that they double, that's $10 off your bill! Plus you can still use countless other coupons of course, they just only will double five of them.

So I went to the store last night and I think it was the highlight of my day! My total came to $32.21 before coupons....after coupons it was $19.79.

These were the absolutely ridiculous deals:
--2 cans of Progresso Soup - Rainbow paid me $.20 to take them
--Crest toothpaste - Rainbow paid me $.61 to take this off their hands
--Pepperidge Farm texas toast - regularly $2.65, I paid $.50

From now on I'm always shopping on Wednesday!!


5 comments:

Naomi said...

Cristina,
I also get kicks out of couponing and saving money!
Have you discovered the joys of Walgreens??? Let me know if you want details on getting "paid" to get soap this week and a great diaper deal next week. Also coupons.com has great Huggies coupons.

Cristina said...

Yes, I am learning the ways of Walgreens! I've got my Huggies coupons ready for next week!! How do you know what deals are coming up in the future? Any info I have comes from moneysavingmom.com. Do you have a different source?

Brenda and Dan said...

I am so proud of you.....I get totally excited about great deals like that.....I told Dad it is as much fun for me to get deals at the grocery store as it is for him to go hunting :)

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

way to go thrifty crissy tina :)

Jenny said...

You are your Mother's daughter!