Monday, March 9, 2009

Menu Planning Monday


Last week's menu plan went quite well. The garlic chicken pizza was very yummy and a great use of leftover alfredo sauce! We also really liked the mexican lasagna. I'll definitely be making both of those again.

We stayed on track with my plan all week until the weekend. We were at my parents' house for dinner on Saturday and we also had some leftovers to eat up. But that's just fine because I only plan meals for the first three weeks of the month, knowing that some meals will get pushed to that last week.

Here's our menu for this week:

M- chicken salad in homemade pitas, fruit
T- breaded fish fillets, baked potatos, grilled brocolli spears
W- TGI Friday's frozen quesadilla rolls, fruit (I bring dinner to Jeremy at church on Wednesdays so we go for simple and portable meals!)
Th- Macaroni tomato pie, steamed broccoli
F- Tuna souffle sandwiches, fruit or salad
Sa lunch- leftovers or sandwiches
Sa dinner- frozen pizza, salad
Su lunch- egg and sausage sandwiches, fruit
Su dinner- Six-layer dish, homemade rolls

Some of these are new recipes so I'm excited to try them!

No comments: