Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Menu Planning Monday (a day late)

I like to plan out our menu at least one week in advance. Usually just weeknight dinners, and then for the weekend I plan lunches and dinners.

I love scouring the grocery store ads each week to look for the best deals, then plan out our menu based on that and what we already have on hand. However, sometimes in my excitement about great deals, I end up keeping our cupboards full to the brim. So this month I have decided I am going to take inventory of what's in our freezer and cupboards, and see how many meals I can make with very little additional grocery shopping.

Here is our menu for the rest of this week:

T- chicken garlic pizza
W- leftover pork, potatos and carrots
Th- mexican lasagna, salad
F- roasted chicken, garlic mashed potatos, peas
Sa lunch- chicken salad pitas, fruit
Sa dinner- fresh ocean perch, rice, veggie
Su lunch- waffles, eggs
Su dinner- spaghetti w/homemade meatballs, garlic bread

In order to accomplish this menu I will need to buy tomatos, green onions, celery, rice and garlic bread. I also need sugar because I used the last of it to make muffins this morning. And I need tortillas for the mexican lasagna, but I think I'm going to try my hand at making those tomorrow!

So that's my plan for the week. I'm excited!

2 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

Way to go....sounds very economical :)

Angela Hudy said...

Seriously, you are such a cute little wife/mom! I totally plan my meals the same way by looking at the ads and seeing what we have on hand. You definitely cook more than I do though. I usually only cook 3 big dinners per week and then we eat leftovers and stuff like that the other nights. I am impressed that you make something new every night!

Angie Hudy