Monday, September 8, 2008

34-weeks

I'm 34 weeks today! I don't feel like my belly is much bigger than it was at 32 weeks, but according to my doctor appointment today it has grown since then. Here's what it looks like...



Last Monday we moved into an apartment. These pictures were taken in the baby's room. As you can see, there is still much work to do before we will feel like we are ready for her arrival. Hopefully she holds off long enough for us to clear a space for her!

Here's what babycenter.com says about our baby girl this week:

The soft fur, lanugo, that covered your baby's body for much of her stay in the womb is now almost completely gone. Your baby begins to develop her own immune system, instead of relying solely on antibodies received through the placenta. This will come in handy when some grubby relative manhandles the baby without washing his hands first.This week, your baby measures about 17¾ inches, as almost as long as an American Girl Doll (!) and weighs almost 5 pounds, as heavy as a bag of sugar, minus the cup you put in your decaf this morning.

I also read the other night that at this point the baby's eyes will dilate in response to light. That is astonishing to me!

I guess the other big news is that I'm done working now. I've been home for a week and I'm really enjoying it. I usually get up in the morning with Jeremy, partly so we can do devotions together before he leaves, and partly because after being in bed for eight hours my back usually hurts and I'm hungry. :) Because I never sleep through the night anymore (due to heartburn and potty breaks) after being awake for 2-3 hours I'm ready to go back to bed, so a mid-morning nap seems to be finding it's way into my schedule almost every day. And of course unpacking has kept me busy, and laundry, and making dinner, etc, etc. I was nervous that the days might feel long, but so far that has definitely not been the case. Given the growing list of things I want/need to get done before the baby comes, I'm sure I'll never have a day when there is nothing to do. And then the baby will be here and I'll really never have nothing to do again. :)

1 comment:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

awww! look at that basketball of a belly! :) you look great, and i LOVE the haircut!