Monday, September 22, 2008

Doctor Update

Today was another milestone - from here on out I will be making weekly trips to the doctor to see how things are progressing. I thought I would get in trouble today when I told my doctor that I've been having a lot of contractions, but she wasn't bothered at all. She said I'm far enough along that I really only need to pay attention to the contractions if they start getting painful (signaling real labor). If baby girl were born today the chances are very high that she would be just fine and would not need an extended stay in the hospital, so if I did go into labor today they wouldn't do anything to stop it. So that was good news!

Right now I am 50% effaced, but not dilated at all. The doctor thinks that over the next couple weeks I will be dilating. And since my mom and sister had their babies early my doctor thinks I have a good chance of going early as well. Woohoo! Hopefully not too early though, for baby's sake.

I also went to Target today and bought some things for the hospital bag, so I feel good at having gotten a jump on that. I even pulled out the baby name book last night, so maybe this week we'll give some more thought to what we're naming this little chick. Little by little, we're getting ready!

3 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

yay! how exciting! :) i can't wait to see pictures of her. are you going to tell the name, or is it going to be a surprise? love you, friend!

Cristina said...

No, we're not telling the name until she's born. Which won't be too difficult since we haven't picked one yet. :)

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

haha. :) plus you'll only have to keep it a secret for a couple more weeks!!