Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Anniversary weekend adventure

Well we had to take a little detour during our anniversary weekend. Last week I started having periodic vision disturbances and headaches. It happened for the second time on Friday morning as we were getting ready for the day. I also noticed that morning that I wasn't feeling the baby move nearly as much as I usually do. So after breakfast I called the doctor and they said I should come in that afternoon to make sure everything was okay. Praise God it was! While we were at the doctor's office baby was bouncing all over the place. That's the baby I know! :)

Because of the headaches they wanted to rule out preeclampsia. Everything looked good so they said just to take it easy over the weekend and come back on Monday for my regular appointment. Elevated progesterone levels at the end of pregnancy can cause changes in the lenses in your eyes, which can cause vision problems, which can then cause headaches. So that's probably what's going on.

So, on Friday we drove up to Minneapolis to see the doctor and then drove back down to Jordan to continue celebrating our anniversary. I'm glad we hadn't decided to stay somewhere else farther away! And of course very glad that baby is okay!!

No comments: