Sunday, August 24, 2008

32-weeks

Here's the belly at 32 weeks. I can't imagine how big it's going to be in another 8 weeks! The baby is supposed to grow a half a pound per week from here to the end. As I'm typing this, she's moving around like crazy.

I haven't written much lately because there's been lots going on.

--Jeremy is getting pretty well settled into his new job, and it's been fun having the opportunity to carpool to work some days. Although having us both working full-time has meant not as much time to get things done around the house. But that will change soon because this coming Friday will be my last day of employment. It's bittersweet to be leaving because I do love my job, but I'm also very much looking forward to the opportunity to be at home full-time taking care of our home and the baby.

--On Labor Day we move out of my parents house and into an apartment in Minneapolis. It has been a huge blessing living with my parents, but we are also very excited to now be moving to our own place again. So recently the little bit of energy that I can muster after a day of work has been given to packing and getting ready for the move. The timing is great in that after we move I won't have to go back to work, so I can just take my time getting unpacked and settled. And it should be just long enough for us to get ourselves into a nice new routine before the baby comes and disrupts everything. :) But that's okay...it will be a very welcome disruption.

--We're also halfway through our birthing classes now. We've been learning things like relaxation breathing techniques, medication options, and the partners have been learning how to massage in order to help the moms relax and deal with the pain. We've also been watching videos of birthing stories. We'll just say that's been interesting. :)

The weather this weekend was absolutely amazing. Sunny, but cool enough to make this pregnant woman very happy.

I think that's all for now. It's going to be a busy week trying to train my replacement at work while tying up all my loose ends there, and also finishing the packing project before next monday. Hopefully once I'm done working I'll be able to blog more often.

3 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

i love that top! :) and the belly is great, too. you are so cute! hope your last week of work goes well and you have time to get settled in to your new place. miss you, girl!

Angela Hudy said...

We are so excited for you guys, it sounds like things are falling into place. Congrats to Jeremy on the job and good luck with the move this weekend. What an exciting time!

Angie and Greg Hudy

Caryn said...

I knew that outfit would make a cute update pic when I saw you at church.

Happy Moving Tomorrow!