Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pantry Challenge

Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted! But I have many excuses. Much of October and November the three of us were sick with colds. We moved into our house at the end of October. A week later we had Clara's birthday party. A couple weekends in a row of house guests. And last week we went to Manitowoc to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with Jeremy's family. So am I off the hook for not posting for so long?

This month I've decided to present myself with a pantry challenge. I'm going to attempt to keep the grocery purchases to a minimum and use up as much as I can that we already have on hand. I thought it might be a fun challenge, plus it will encourage me to use up some of those things that have been in the cupboard for a long time, hopefully cut down on my time spent running errands, and leave us with a little extra cash at the end of the month.

So for this week's menu...

Monday
L- turkey sandwiches, coleslaw, cranberries (all were Thanksgiving leftovers)
D- leftover pizza and pasta, applesauce

Tuesday
Turkey hash, biscuits, cranberries

Wednesday
Summer Sausage soup, biscuits, kiwi

Thursday
Chicken enchiladas, apple slices

Friday
Pork chops, baked potatos, salad

Saturday
Dinner out w/friends

Sunday
Dinner at a Christmas party

I did buy the kiwi and the apples today, along with a few other fresh produce items, but otherwise I already had everything I needed for these meals.

Anyone else want to take on a pantry challenge this week/month?

1 comment:

Brenda and Dan said...

Good to see you posting again....your fans will be happy! I should take this challenge....as you know we could probably go a long time without buying much.