Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pantry Challenge: Week 5

Yep, I never posted the pantry challenge update last week. I guess time just got away from me as we were getting ready for and then celebrating Christmas. So this is week five and the last week of the month. It's been a good exercise, but I've found it's hard to not stock up on great deals each week. So as a result I think I've spent more on groceries this month than I intended at the beginning, but I guess I'm okay with that. I did still make a noticeable dent in our food supply.

Here's our menu for the week:

Monday
Parmesan potato soup, salad

Tuesday
Corn, ham and noodle casserole, cooked carrots

Wednesday
Meatless burritos, chips and salsa

Thursday
Leftover potato soup, salad

Friday
L- Hash brown quiche, toast, fruit
D- Baked spaghetti, green beans, garlic toast

Saturday
L- sandwiches, chips, carrots and dip
D- Rice medley, apple slices

Sunday
L- White chicken chili, biscuits
D- Meatloaf, baked potatoes, creamed corn

No comments: