Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer fun day!

Last night I was driving home from a Norwex party and I was just feeling the urge to do something special and fun with the girls today. The best ideas I could come up with were the free zoo or strawberry picking. After looking online to see where the strawberry farms are, I called my cousin at 8:15 this morning to ask if she wanted to meet us at one between my house and hers. She said she had plans to watch her niece and nephew, but that she's be up for it if her sister could come along to help. Everything lined up so we left at 10:00 to meet up for some strawberry picking!


Four of the six kids picking strawberries. Somehow I didn't get any pictures of Clara picking. :(


Lola was confined to the stroller, but she occupied herself very well eating strawberries!

And after awhile she did get annoyed with the stroller, but I didn't trust her not to tromp all over the plants.


They had this "cow train" at the farm and the whole time we were picking berries the kids were asking to ride the train, so when we finished picking we did oblige them. It was fun, but that was one bumpy ride!


After 2 1/2 hours in the sun and not leaving the farm until almost an hour past naptime, of course the kids passed out in the car.

After naps and snacks we headed out to the deck for this summer's first swim in the little wading pool that I recently bought. The kids absolutely loved it! And I loved that I got to sit under the shade of our patio umbrella and read a book while they splashed around for an hour.


Summer days like this are just the best!

1 comment:

TiemannFamily said...

Very fun day! All the kids stayed awake on the way home and then crashed for a few hours at home! Looking forward to having all those yummy strawberries in the freezer! Thanks for the last minute call, it was lots of fun :D
BRI