Monday, June 27, 2011

Maker's Diet: Day Two

Day two was definitely more difficult than day one, at least for me. I slept fine last night, but when I woke up this morning I felt kinda awful. I dragged myself out of bed when the girls started crying and I just could not wake up. Physically I felt like I could barely get up and do anything. My head was so foggy and my stomach felt weird. I don't really know how to describe it because it was unlike anything I've ever felt before. Phase one of this diet is designed to detox/cleanse your body and I think what I was feeling this morning was the effects of that.

Jeremy was kind enough to make breakfast for us, which I think did help me some and by late morning I was able to get going and start being a productive member of the family again. By this evening I'd say I pretty much felt back to normal again. We even went for a bike ride to the park after dinner.

Honestly, when I felt awful this morning I was seriously questioning this diet and wishing I could go back in time and never decide to do it. But now that I'm feeling better I have a better attitude about it again. I can definitely see benefits from it already after only two days.

I've eaten way more vegetables in the past two days than I used to. I've never been anti-vegetables, but it was just easy to choose other things because of convenience or cravings. And I'm also finding myself offering foods to the girls that I otherwise wouldn't have. Like yesterday Clara had carrot sticks with guacamole instead of ranch dressing.

What did we eat today?

Breakfast- omelets (no cheese, no milk) with onions and green peppers, chicken breakfast sausage, strawberries

Lunch- large salad (two kinds of lettuce, baby spinach, carrots, sugar snap peas, green peppers) with grilled chicken and all-natural ranch dressing, cherries

Snack- today I made grain-free blueberry muffins with almond flour- they were quite yummy so I ate two of them this afternoon, plus snacking on cherries here and there

Dinner- salmon, broccoli, acorn squash seasoned with butter, nutmeg, cinnamon and raw honey

Dessert- I pureed some strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries and some coconut milk beverage (I think this is actually not approved, but I used a small amount... it ended up like a melty sorbet kind of and it was yummy... Lola agreed wholeheartedly! I also had another of those yummy blueberry muffins! And I'm thinking about a handful of almonds before bed.

So really I don't feel deprived because we're eating lots of good stuff. We'll just be glad to have more variety when we enter Phase Two. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I'm hoping for no more detox.

No comments: