Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Maker's Diet: Day Three

Day three was definitely better than day two for me. No signs of detox today!!

Here's what we ate:

Breakfast- I made grain-free waffles using almond flour. They were only okay. We ate them with almond butter on them and strawberries and blueberries on the side. They were kinda dense, and of course dry since we couldn't use syrup on them. I don't think I'll be making them again. At least not while we're banned from maple syrup. They did fill me up though. I always snack in the morning, but today I didn't need to.

Lunch- leftover omelet and chicken sausage from breakfast yesterday, and some cherries

Snacks- almonds, cherries, 1/2 of a blueberry muffin

Dinner- bunless hamburgers, side salad of lettuce/spinach/carrots, strawberries

Bedtime snack- grain-free blueberry muffin, another strawberry or two and a couple blackberries and cherries

You know the saying "The silence is deafening"? I'd like to coin a new phrase since starting this diet... "The lack of being really full is definitely noticeable." I don't think it will catch on, but it's true. I've realized that I usually reach for food at the first sign of possible hunger. The past three days I wouldn't say I've been hungry, but I've never felt stuffed, and unfortunately it's been a strange feeling. So that's one lesson learned from this experience- I probably used to eat too much.

The other thing I've noticed is how easy this diet is on the digestive system. My stomach has felt really good (aside from that detox period)! I'm hoping this continues as we add in more foods when we enter phases two and three.

Also, Jeremy was kinda grumpy at dinner tonight and sarcastically asked me if there was anything he could eat while I was gone for the evening. I think the lack of variety is starting to get to him. And I don't think he appreciated having to eat his burger without a bun.

1 comment:

Brenda and Dan said...

Did you give him a "breathelizer" when you got home to see if he had eaten any forbidden food? :)