Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New things!

I've been wanting to rearrange the girls' bedroom for awhile now and since we removed a crib and added a toddler bed yesterday I decided today was a good day for a whole new room!

Come on in...

(yes, Clara actually sleeps with ALL of those "friends" that you see in her cute little toddler bed...and I think we're even missing a few of the regulars in this picture!)

So this is the sleeping side of the room, plus nice, organized toy storage...


this is the shopping/cooking/eating area...


and the baby corner...


And this new beauty is in our living room. The toddler bed and this toy storage thing were hand-me-downs from my big sister's girls and we LOVE them!


For some time now I've been wondering what to do with the lesson sheets that Clara gets in church on Sundays and I think today I might have had a great idea. We have a couple corkboard strips that have been sitting around in our house and I might see about hanging one of them above this toy bin so we can hang her current lesson sheet so we can review it thru the week, maybe a favorite picture or two that she has recently drawn, and my "tot school planning form" for the week.

I came across a couple sites recently (like this one and this one) that talk about "tot school" and I think it's a great idea that I want to try and implement. The concept really isn't much different from things we already do with Clara, but I like the idea of putting a little more planning and intentionality into it.

Thanks West's for blessing us with a sweet new bed and a sweet new toy storage system!
You're the best!

1 comment:

Brenda and Dan said...

It looks great....I bet the girls are having a blast!!