Sunday, January 30, 2011

January Update

Remember my New Year's Resolutions? Well I was thinking since it's the end of January maybe I should share how well I've been implementing them so far.

Daily Bible reading - not so good. I think as of today I'm about 12 days into the reading plan when I should be 30 days into it. It's a shameful confession. I know that I need to read every day, but for probably a lot of lame reasons I often just don't do it. I need to work harder at that one in February.

Work on my 2011 reading list - that one has been going great! I finished Bringing Up Girls, which I had started in December. And I read Don't Make Me Count to Three, started and quit The Poisonwood Bible 'cuz I didn't love it, and now I'm 2/3 finished with Professionalizing Motherhood.

Get into the habit of having family devotions - we kinda fell off the bus on this one too. I think one of our stumbling blocks is the fact that Jeremy works probably 8-10 nights a month so if we get in the habit of evening devotions there are several nights that he's not with us, but if we get in the habit of morning devotions we struggle because we're so tired that often one of us gets up with Clara and the other sleeps in a bit. Need to focus on this more in February.

No TV or internet between dinnertime and when Clara goes to bed - we've done pretty well with this I think, but not perfect.

Work on Kitchen Stewardship's Top 10 Foundational Habits - I confess I haven't thought about this one in the past couple weeks so I'm glad to be reminded of it again.

Potty train Clara - we borrowed a DVD called Potty Power from the library and she has watched it several times and loves it. And as a result she's been talking more about potty-related things, but she still doesn't seem to want to actually go potty in the toilet much.

Work toward a routine for me and the girls - this one is still rolling around in my brain as I try to formulate what it will look like and as I wait for Lola to get just a bit older

Have two Norwex parties per month - I did one fabulous party and one okay trade show

Take the girls outside on every nice day - ummm....it's not nice yet so we haven't had to implement this one

Do more crafts - I did! I haven't taken pictures of them yet, but I made a Valentine heart garland, I patched two pairs of my jeans, and I have started a set of Christmas countdown blocks. It feels so good to make something with my own two hands!

Now on to February...

1 comment:

Brenda and Dan said...

You're doing pretty good considering the length of your list to start with :)