Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Budget challenge: week 2

This isn't the greatest picture because our table was a mess so I had to cram everything from my shopping trip onto the small counter space...but you get the idea.



I went out shopping yesterday and stayed well under budget. My weekly budget is $45 and I spent $38.44. I still need to go back and buy milk (I forgot to bring the very generous store coupon) so that will be an additional $3.28 for two gallons of milk, bringing the grand total to $41.72. A very successful week indeed!

3 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

You did good....even Edy's Ice Cream

Angela Cervantes said...

Hi I have a receipe for the bacon that I saw on your shopping list: How about the famous italian dish called Carbonara? Here we go: for 2 people
6 strips of bacon
1 tbls. onion
a little of butter
a thread of oliv oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Boil the water, add salt to taste and drop the spaghetti in. In the mean time sautee the onion and bacon in butter and oil (not too crispy)
When the pasta is ready drain it without rinsing right away put the spaghetti back in the cooking pot add the bacon mix, the eggs and parmesan cheese, toss well while is on the burner for 1 minute or until the egg is coated and cooked through. serve rightaway!!

By the way, I'm here with grammy and I was looking at your blog. My compliments Clara (which is also an italian name) is gorgeous! I will my self become pretty soon a grammy for the second time. My daughter Valentina is expecting in october.
I really enjoyed reading your blog.
Buon Appetito!!!!

Angelina

Cristina said...

Angela,

That sounds delicious! I think that just might make it on our menu for this week. Jeremy said he's had your Carbonara before and it's really yummy!

Cristina