Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Prep

So this year I've resolved to do more crafting because it's good for me. And I've resolved to use some of that crafting desire to decorate our home. And to top it off, the crafting needs to be very budget-friendly.

So here we go for Valentine's Day...

A heart garland made out of felt, inspired by this lady.

Construction paper hearts taped on the wall. Took me about 15 minutes total and I love how it turned out. Clara loved it too when she woke up in the morning and saw it!

3-D paper hearts inspired by this lady. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, though it was definitely more time-consuming than the other projects.

And then a couple days ago I came across this tutorial for these kind of funny-looking heart guys and I just had to make them for the girls for Valentine's Day.

I didn't have to buy a single thing for any of these projects because I just used whatever I had on hand, so I like to think they were free even though at some point in the past I did buy the supplies.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

middleton said...

So cute! I remember when we decorated for all the holidays. Kristina used to get so excited...