Friday, November 14, 2008

Daddy quotes

Jeremy and I moved into a room in the west wing of the NICU today.  In the west wing your baby rooms in with you so we are now with Clara 24/7.  

I left Jeremy alone with Clara for the first time this evening while I made a quick trip home to get a few things.  He had to give her a bottle while I was gone and she didn't do so great with it.  She ate about a 1/2 ounce.  When I got back he was discouraged and tired and wanted to take a nap before the next feeding.  I took over on Clara duty while he rested a little, but now she is awake again and fussy so he got up to comfort her.  Just a few minutes ago she quite loudly filled up her diaper.  Shortly after Jeremy said, "I think the thing that's gonna get me through these first few months is how insane her farts are and how much they make me laugh no matter how down I feel."  And it's true...she makes us laugh every time because she's so loud about it.  I wonder if we'll find that embarrassing when we finally leave the hospital and she does it in the middle of church or something.

4 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

You might feel embarassed but just remember what Oompa says "farts are funny" :) Hang in there...it will get better....this too shall pass....(or pass gas) :)

The West Family said...

That is sooo hilarious! I can hear Jeremy saying it too... It is good to see the humor because when you are so sleep deprived, not much is funny! I remember washing dishes in the middle of the night with Emelia in the Baby Bjorn just to get her to stop crying for a few minutes... the stuff we must endure in those first few months... it is amazing we survive, but somehow we do:) Lots of love to you three,

Angela

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

awww. :) you'll be so glad you wrote these stories down when you are looking back in a few years. hang in there, troopers!

Erock said...

Awww... Like father Like Daughter! Lite that junk up foo!