Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Answer to prayer

Yesterday morning Jeremy and I were sitting down to breakfast and feeling discouraged and I prayed that the Lord would send us some encouragement that day.  The attempts at nursing did not go very well.  In fact the afternoon session involved both Clara and me crying.  Because I was about at the end of my rope we decided to go home for the evening.  As we walked up the stairs to our apartment we saw a large box in front of our door.  It turned out that it was full of baby gifts from Jeremy's mom and the ladies in her bible study.  It was the encouragement that I prayed for!  Not that gifts would have been the only thing to lift our spirits, but that was how the Lord chose to answer our prayer this time.  It was so fun to sit down and open all the gifts and imagine sharing them with Clara when she comes home.

After an evening at home, a shower in my own bathroom, yummy dinner provided by my mom, and a box full of presents, I was feeling much more refreshed and okay with pressing on.  We returned to the hospital for Clara's 10pm feeding, which went okay in that she wasn't as hysterical, but she ate next to nothing.  At least this time it didn't involve tears from me.  We'll see what today brings after the meeting with the occupational therapist.

3 comments:

Caryn said...

What a faithful God we serve!

My prayer for you today - "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give." Galatians 6:9

tammysue said...

Hi there. I am Tammy Holliday, mother to Tommy Peeples who is engaged to Jennifer Anhalt. We have had a wild ride this past year with our son being born 8 weeks early and diagnosed with Down syndrome. 13 months later he is doing considerably better thank God. I wanted to tell you 2 things. Tommy was tongue tied when he was born. It runs on his dads side of the family. He received the in office minor surgery to clip the tongue and was just fine after. He never had feeding problems but my newest son Reagan did. Because of his DS he has low muscle tone. I am sure the ST showed you some exercises by now and they do work in time. Reagan was cleared to go home but could not feed. They ended up doing surgery for a peg tube. He used it only 5 weeks! Once we got him home, used bottles instead of breast, he did just fine. I pumped my milk so he still got the benefits of breast milk. We could take the time to feed him and had no other "babies" to take care of as the nurses in the NICU do. It's not their fault, they just cannot spend as much time trying to get the babies to eat as mommy and daddy can. Just know that this too shall pass and your little precious Clara will be just fine. We serve a wonderful God even if we cannot always see his plan clearly. Enjoy this upcoming holiday season and your new blessing. God Bless :)

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

aww, praying in japan for sure! i can see how it would be easy to get frustrated w the situation! praying for wisdom in knowing what to do and that the steps can be taken soon to get your baby girl home! love you!