Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Date Night

So last week as we were looking forward to the weekend and contemplating what we would do on Friday night, Jeremy gave me two options - we could hang out with some friends that live close by, or we could have a date night. I love our friends, but I had to pick date night. At times we have talked about having a regular, weekly date night, but it never seems to happen. He said he would plan the date for Friday and it would be a surprise. Can I tell you how excited I was? Very excited! I told my cube-mate at work that my honey was planning a surprise date for us. And when we left the house that night for the date, I felt like we had gone back in time to before we were married. I think that is so cool! That we could be married for over two years and I can still feel that way about going on a date with him. So we went to dinner at Macaroni Grill in Edina (yummy!) and then he wanted us to go ice skating at Centennial Lakes. He had even taken our skates to get sharpened that morning, and he bought us blade guards because we didn't have any. He bought me pink sparkly ones! Well we went to Centennial Lakes, but the warming house wasn't open for the season yet, plus it was so cold that night, so we walked on the ice with our shoes for a few minutes and then we went home and watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It was a great night and I love my honey!

No comments: