Monday, March 21, 2011

The office reveal!

Well I've been wanting to redo our office for months! It was ugly and a mess and just really not functional for us. My wise husband said we had to wait until we got our tax refund back so I waited (not always patiently) and waited and I'm glad I did.

Two weekends ago we painted and picked out furniture. And just this past weekend we put things on the wall and took care of the finishing touches, so to speak. For the week in between we disagreed on how to decorate and what colors to use for accents, but finally we were able to come to an agreement that we're both very happy with. If you know us well you might be surprised to see how modern it is. I'll confess I'm surprised too because that's not what I usually gravitate toward, but I took a chance on Jeremy's ideas and it paid off.

So here he is painting the ceiling...


There used to be shelves above my desk, but we took them down before I thought to take pictures.




Ta da! A pretty, freshly painted, organized and highly functional office! I like to call it "the IKEA special" because pretty much everything is from Ikea - desks, printer cart, chairs, wall file, shelves, cubby bookcase and the fabric that we put on canvases and hung on the wall.


We got a cubby bookcase that has tons of storage space so we're still figuring out how best to use it, but we're well on our way. And we painted the walls a very pale gray that I think turned out really nice. It's subtle and neutral and great!


Especially since I'm starting up my own business it feels really good to have a nice, organized space that I can walk into and feel motivated and ready to work. Thank you, tax return money!


5 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

I LOVE IT.......Do you hire out? We sure need some help in our messy office!! By the way....I'm not the messy!!

Cristina said...

Sure, I hire out for organizing, but I don't know about decorating. We went round and around trying to settle on the decorating part of things. But I definitely hire out for organizing, especially when the payment is food or babysitting. :)

TiemannFamily said...

Super cute!

Ana Heeren said...

Love it! Great Job!! Starting your own business? Whats that about?

Caryn said...

My fav color combo is red, black, & white so of course I love your office! Great job!