Friday, February 5, 2010

35 weeks


I'm 35 weeks today, which means we are rapidly approaching the finish line. Or the starting line...however you want to look at it I guess. :)

The pregnancy is going well for sure. I have the typical heartburn, back pain, Braxton-Hicks contractions, etc, but really nothing to complain about considering the complications that some women experience. At this point in my pregnancy with Clara I was taking naps on an almost daily basis and enjoying the ability to rest whenever I wanted. That definitely isn't happening this time around since Clara is keeping me quite busy, but I'm still hanging in there.

At my appointment today they estimated the baby to weigh about 5 lbs. 6 oz. which would put her on track to weigh about the same as Clara if I go full-term.

Preparations for this baby are moving right along. I've got about 14 meals and a few side dishes stocked away in the freezer for those first few crazy weeks. I'm hoping to get some more made, although I'm definitely slowing down and losing my motivation for things like that now. Clara's closet has been reorganized to make room for another person's clothes, and a load of our smallest baby things have been washed and put away. The cradle is out and we've got diapers to get us through the first 3-4 weeks. There are plenty of other things that it would be nice to get done before she comes, but at this point if I went into labor tonight I wouldn't be too stressed. Although I haven't yet packed a hospital bag and Jeremy and I can't seem to agree on a name, so hopefully she waits a little longer before she makes her grand entrance. :)

Clara had to be included in this picture because otherwise you would have seen her little crying face down in the corner and her hands reaching up for me. For some reason she wants me to hold her a lot lately. Unfortunate timing considering my belly is getting bigger and bigger every day!

2 comments:

Manda (+2) said...

Jeeze girl- you're absolutely darling preggo! WOW! you should model.

I hope all goes safely and really well the next few weeks. hugs!

Ana Heeren said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!!! How exciting! I can't believe how tiny you are! You are ALL BABY