Monday, January 26, 2009

Please pray for Clara

Clara is back in the hospital tonight. Since last Tuesday she has refused to drink milk or formula so she's been living on Pedialyte. Wednesday she started showing symptoms of a cold so we figured that was why she didn't want milk. And I kept thinking that she'd want milk the next feeding. But many feedings have come and gone and she still won't take milk. So today I decided it was time to take her to the doctor.

We went in this afternoon and they were pretty concerned about her eating situation and the fact that she's lost 7 oz. in the past week and a half. They also wanted to do a chest x-ray because of her cold, but they didn't have a radiologist there today so they sent us to the ER at the nearby hospital and they warned us that she might end up being admitted there. So I left the doctor's office with her and we went to the ER. There they did a chest x-ray, which looked fine. Then they did an esophagram to see if her esophagus had narrowed again, but that looked fine too.

At this point they're kind of at a loss as to why she won't drink milk so they admitted her this evening for further investigation. Tomorrow they will have Speech Pathology come to look at her and see if they can find any reason why she doesn't want to eat. Beyond that I'm not sure what's going to be done tomorrow.

I was pretty sad coming home tonight and leaving my baby at the hospital again. And I feel like I have no idea when she will be coming home. But the Lord is in control and He is the one who holds Clara's life in His hands. Please join us in praying that she will start eating again soon so she can come home.

I imagine I'll be at the hospital most of the day tomorrow, but I'll post another update as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I'll be praying, Cristina. That must be so hard to leave your baby there. Trusting God to comfort you and give wisdom to Clara's doctors.

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

aww, just said a prayer for you right now. sweet girl, hope she gets better soon!